STUDY IN CANADA
Canada is a well-developed country known for its scenic beauty and strong International trade network. It is the world’s most educated country. Canada welcomes around 500,000 International students every year. Studying in Canada gives you an opportunity to earn a highly recognized International degree. You also get to learn about different cultures and beliefs around the world while studying with a bunch of other International students.
Why study in Ireland?
- Ireland is known as the global hub of technology. It is home to about 1000 multinational companies including the top companies like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Apple, Intel, Oracle, Dell and IBM to name a few.
- The courses in Ireland are more evolved and specialized. Cloud computing, Big Data etc were born as a result of such effective education system.
- Irish educational qualifications are recognized and appreciated worldwide.
- Ireland opens the doors for employment with its post study work visa for 24 months to seek employment further progressing to a work permit or green card.
- Irish Government offers huge grants & scholarships under various schemes for International students.
- Ireland is recognized as the friendliest country in the world by Lonely Planet(Lonely Planet is a Travel Guide Book Publisher).
- Ireland is known for its best work culture.
- Ireland offers Bachelors, Masters , Diplomas & PHd programmes in Business, Finance, Engineering, Software developing, Nursing, Radiology, Pharmacology, Hospitality, Logistics and many other courses.
Education system in the Canada
The country has public expenditure on post-secondary education of more than 30 billion dollars every year. Depending on the nature of the institution and the duration of the course, tertiary level education is available in both government and private institutions offering degrees, diplomas, certificates, and attestations. Students studying in Canada have great chances of becoming the most successful experts and are wanted by some of the top recruiters of the world.
Given below is the list of top 10 universities in Canada:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of Waterloo
- McGill University
- University of Montreal
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
- University of Calgary
- Simon Fraser University
- Queen’s University
Cost of Studying in Canada
Study in Canada for Indian students, is economical when compared to the counterparts in competing countries and at the same time, excellent educational quality is maintained. However, as the fees are more affordable, admissions are more competitive. Over the last three years, Canada’s inflation rate has remained one of the lowest in the industrialized world.
Program Tuition Fees (Approx.)/Year in CAD In Indian Rs. /Year Diploma & Certificate Program 13,000 – 16,000 7,41,000 – 9,21,000 Bachelors Program 13,000 – 18,000 7,41,000 – 10,26,000 Masters Program 17,000 – 25,000 9,69,000 – 14,25,000
Conversion Rate C$1 = Rs 57/-
Types of Accommodation Living costs & expenses(Approx.)/month in CAD In Indian Rs/Month Residency/Dormitory 350 – 515 per month 19,950 – 29,355 Off campus Rental housing 350 – 700per month (shared apartment) 19,950 – 39,900 500 – 1200 per month(single apartment) 25,500. – 68,400 Homestay 550 – 800 per month 31,350 – 45,600
Conversion Rate C$1 = Rs 57/-
Eligibility Test Requirements
- IELTS or TOEFL scores as a proof of English Proficiency.
- Diploma programs: IELTS Overall band score of 5.5 & TOEFL: 75
- Bachelor’s Degree: Overall band score of 6.0 & TOEFL: 80
- Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 & TOEFL: 80
It is a known fact that Canada is home to some of the best universities in the world. To have better career opportunities, it is necessary to enrol in the best universities in Canada as soon as possible. Here is a quick and vivid step-by-step application procedure to study in Canada.
1. Know the requirements: each university might have different requirements for each course and province. Here are a few requirements that your university will ask you-
a. Your Updated passport
b. An English/French proficiency test certificate
c. Income certificate
d. Academic Certificates
e. Letter of Recommendation
f. Statement of Purpose
g. Certificates of non-academic activities
Choose the course and institution: The Canadian universities offer a wide variety of courses and this might be a bigger task. So at this step, you have to choose the courses and university(s) and strain them depending on your budget and other factors.
When and how to apply?
There are three academic intakes at the institutions in Canada: fall, winter and summer. Fall lasts from September till December, winter lasts from January till April and summer lasts from May till August. Though fall is the primary intake in most colleges, few colleges do allow for a winter intake.
Canadian universities, mostly, invite and accept applications individually, which can be found and completed online on their websites. However, some provinces have a centralized application system for universities, such as the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC). Students can apply to multiple universities using a single application through these platforms. Deadlines for applications are generally later than other countries. September is usually the start date for the application but many universities start accepting applications in January or even May.
Study in Canada for Indian students, becomes challenging when they have to gain a Canadian study permit. However, with the launch of the Student Direct Stream (SDS) by the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi, students applying to Canada have received a boon. Under this SDS proposal, the student has the advantage that if they apply to these colleges who are under the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) members then the student visa will be processed faster with a lot more of positive response from the CHC.
Where to Apply
You may deposit your application at the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), India operated by VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. Once you deposit your application at the Visa Application Centre, the VAC staff will perform a complete check, based on IRCC requirements and will then submit your application on your behalf on the following business day. Applications may also be submitted to Canadian Immigration and Citizenship by using online application system of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s website at www.cic.gc.ca
Step 1 – To obtain an Unconditional acceptance letter from the University/ College.
Step 2 – Paying the tuition fee for 1st year as requested by the University / College.
Step 3 – Demonstrating the proof for purchase of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution to cover the living expenses for the first year in Canada.
Step 4 – Complete the medical examination before submitting the study permit application by visiting one of the panel physicians in India.
Step 5 – Submission of the visa application forms along with the relevant documentation.
Step 6 – Collecting the passport from the nearest Canada Visa Application Centre after the application gets processed and receive a notification to get the passport collected.