STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Australia being the third popular destination among the international students is a beautiful continent and has a lot of amazing experiences to offer. Australian education system is one among the best in the world. Hence it attracts a lot of International students.
Why study in Australia?
- Australia offers innumerable career opportunities to students.
- Australia is the base for top companies like BHP Group, CSL Limited, Macquarie Group etc.
- Planning your future becomes easier with a globally recognised Australian degree.
- Expenses of studying in Australia are quite affordable if planned accordingly.
- Relatively simple admission criteria.
- Five out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Management, Humanities and Clinical studies are popular among the international students in Australia.
- Eight out of top 100 universities of the world are in Australia.
- Australia is a popular destination among Indian students.
- The fact that 47 per cent of the Australian citizens are born outside the country explains its reception towards international students and migrants.
Education system in the Australia
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) makes their education system unique. AQF is a national policy that covers qualifications from the tertiary education sector, higher education and vocational education and training. It ensures quality education throughout the country.
Master programs are usually one and a half years to 2 years duration while Bachelor programs are for three to four years. International students can apply for post study work visa which will be granted for two to three years depending on the course you completed.
Cost of Studying in Australia
Australia has been the major crowd-pleaser for its brilliant cost benefiting factor. The study in Australia cost is relatively affordable and cheaper than that of the UK, USA and any other European countries.
In order to motivate the students, the Australian Universities offer a wide range of scholarship schemes intended to the potential students. This also curbs the expenses of the students. Here is an abstract idea to study in Australia cost.
Figures shown are estimated annual tuition fees in Australian Dollars Duration of Course, Undergraduate 3-5 yrs, Postgraduate 1-2 yrs,
UG Fees approx A$ 22000- 24000 & PG fees approx A$ 25000-30000
Eligibility Test Requirements
English language proficiency:
All applicants are required to take a recognized English language proficiency test. IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score is generally considered by Australian Universities.
- For undergraduate programs, a minimum IELTS band score of 6 with no less than 6.0 in each section is required and for post-graduate programs, a minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in each section is required.
Undergraduate study in Australia
- High-school certificate or Year 12 of school education
- Academic scores with a minimum 60 % or above in class XII
- Mathematics in-class XII as a prerequisite(for some sciences and technology courses)
Postgraduate study in Australia
- Recognized undergraduate certificate or 15 years of education
- Strong academic background
- Relevant work experience (some universities require this for MBA programs)
When and how to apply?
Applications for overseas education in Australian Universities are accepted all-round the year. Most universities accept new students in two intakes in each academic session, which are usually in February and July or November, with slight variations according to a university’s academic calendar.
Australian academic intakes:
- Foundation courses: Duration is 1 year and intake is in February (depends on the university).
- Vocational Education and Training courses: Duration is 6 Month-1year and intake are in Jan, May, June, Oct, TAFE Institutions
- Undergraduate courses: Duration is 3 years (4 years for honors degree) and intake is in Feb, July, and November, (depends on the university).
- Postgraduate/Masters courses: Duration is 1-2 years and intake is in March (depends on the university) Feb, July, and November.
- Doctoral degrees: Duration is 3-4 years and round the year intake as the supervisor or the project demands.
Before you apply for this visa, you must have: Been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia Organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age
Step 1 – Gather documents
Step 2- Prepare your documents
Step 3 – Payment
Step 4 – Apply for the visa
Step 5 – Provide additional documents required
Step 6 – Track and manage your application
Step 7 – Visa decision